What is a print spooler?
The print spooler helps your Windows computer interact with the printer, and orders the print jobs in your queue. … Refer to the section below that matches the Operating System that is installed on your computer and follow the steps. For Windows 10: Type troubleshooting in the search box.
How do I clear the print spooler on Android?
Clear the Android OS Print Spooler cache
- On your Android device, tap the Settings icon , and the select Apps or Applications.
- Select Show System Apps.
- Scroll down the list, and then select Print Spooler. …
- Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Open the item you want to print, tap the menu icon , and then tap Print.
How do I find the print spooler?
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue. Type services. msc and press ↵ Enter . Double-click Print Spooler.
- Alternatively, click Start → Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services → Print Spooler.
What is a print spooler and how does it work?
The Spooler is a special process that manages access to printers by multiple users. For most users, the function of the Spooler is transparent. They generate a job for a printer and go to the printer to pick up the output. … It spools print jobs by directing the output from a user’s process to a print file.
How do I clear the print spooler?
How to Delete Files from the Windows Print Spooler Directory
- Stop the spooler service.
- Navigate to %SystemRoot%System32spoolPRINTERS, on most systems this will be the path C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS.
- Delete all flies in this directory.
- Restart the spooler service.
What is a print spooler error?
Usually if there is an issue with one document that has been sent to the printer and has been added to the print queue by the spooler, it will cause all print jobs behind it in the queue to stop. These can include: … Data or documents in the spooler becoming corrupt and the spooler can’t translate it for the printer.
Why is my printer spooling and not printing?
msc” to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service. Now again open “Run” – Type “spool” and ok – Go to PRINTERS folder – delete everything in that folder. Go to services again – Start the print spooler. … If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers.
How do I fix the print spooler on my HP printer?
- In your computer, go to the services management windows by typing the command “Services. …
- Inside services, look for print spooler.
- Once located, right click on it and click on restart.
- You may also need to power cycle your printer after doing so, by turning it OFF and turning it ON again after 10 seconds of being OFF.
How do I start the print spooler?
Method 2: Using the Services Console
- Click on the Windows or Start button.
- Type services. msc in the Start Search box. …
- Click Services in the Programs list. …
- Locate and right-click on Print Spooler, and then click Stop from the drop-down menu.
- Right click Print Spooler again, and then click Start from the dop down menu.
Can I disable print spooler?
Is it safe to disable the Spooler service? If you don’t have any physical printers attached to your computer and you and never plan to do any printing, you can safely disable the Spooler service. However, watch out for applications that silently use the printing API. They will also fail when the service is disabled.
What is the local print spooler service?
The print spooler is a software program or local service that regulates the print jobs in Windows. When users try to print a spreadsheet or a document, the output gets stored on the hard disk in digital format and the spooler sends it to the printer in the backdrop at slower printing speeds.
Should I spool or print directly to printer?
Unless the spooler is malfunctioning, I recommend always spooling the document rather than printing directly to the printer. The process of printing directly from a program is much slower than spooling a print job because the program sends the print job to the printer at the same time it builds the print job.
What is the print spooler service is not running?
You may meet the “Print Spooler service not running” error when your printer driver is outdated. Therefore, in order to solve the problem, you should update or reinstall the printer driver.