Why can’t I add a Google account to my Android phone?
This is actually a issue originating from the security settings in your device as adding new account need to enter phone password. It can be solved by clearing the cache data of built in phone settings app, but without wasting any second directly go to security settings of phone & turn off screen lock.
How do I add a Google account to my phone?
How to add a second Google account to your Android phone
- Launch Settings from your Home screen, the app drawer, or the Notification Shade.
- Swipe up in the Settings menu to scroll down.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account. Source: Jeramy Johnson / Android Central.
- Tap Google.
- Type in your email address in the provided field. …
- Tap Next.
- Type your password.
Can I have 2 Gmail accounts on my Android?
If you have more than one Google Account, you can sign in to multiple accounts at once. That way, you can switch between accounts without signing out and back in again. Your accounts have separate settings, but in some cases, settings from your default account might apply.
How do I add a Google account?
How to set up a Google Account on your Android phone
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Accounts.
- Tap Add account.
- Tap Google. Source: Ara Wagoner / Android Central.
- Tap Create account.
- Type in the name associated with the account. …
- Tap Next.
- Enter the birthdate associated with the account.
Why can’t I add an account to my Gmail?
“Something went wrong” or “Couldn’t open connection to server” You can’t add non-IMAP accounts, like Exchange and POP, to your Gmail app. If you’re adding a different type of account, check with your email provider to make sure IMAP is turned on.
How many devices can use the same Google account?
Can I have 2 Gmail accounts?
On your iPhone or Android phone
While you can add another Gmail account through the mobile website version of Gmail, you can also add Gmail accounts on the mobile app. Once you’ve downloaded and opened the Gmail app, go ahead and sign into your first account.
How do I see which devices are connected to my Google account?
Review devices where you’re signed in
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, select Security .
- On the Your devices panel, select Manage devices.
- You’ll see devices where you’re currently signed in to your Google Account. For more details, select a device.
Can you have more than one Google account?
Here is how you can use multiple Google accounts on your Android device: Step-1: Assuming you already have one Google account, go to your Android device’s Home screen and tap Settings, then Accounts. Step-2: You’ll see the option of ‘Add account’ (sometimes with a ‘+’ sign before it) at the bottom of the screen.
How can I create a second Gmail account?
- Click your profile icon. It’s the profile picture in the top right corner of your inbox. …
- Click Add account. It’s in the bottom-left corner of the drop-down menu. …
- Click More options. …
- Click Create account. …
- Enter your new account information. …
- Click Next step. …
- Scroll down and click I AGREE. …
- Click Continue to Gmail.
How do I separate email accounts in Gmail?
Gmail Multiple Inboxes
- Navigate to your Gmail settings. …
- In the top navigation that appears, click “Advanced.”
- Scroll down to “Multiple Inboxes,” and select “Enable.” …
- Create labels for each email type you’d like to bucket. …
- With your labels created, navigate back to “Settings.”