How do you change group message settings?
- Go to the main screen of your messaging app and tap the menu icon or menu key (on the bottom of the phone); then tap Settings.
- If Group Messaging isn’t in this first menu it may be in the SMS or MMS menus. In the example below, it’s found in the MMS menu.
- Under Group Messaging, enable MMS.
How do I change message settings on Android?
Text Message Notification Settings – Android™
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred: …
- Configure the following ringtone options:
Why are my group messages separate Android?
Go to “Send message settings.” Disable the “Send as Split Threads” setting so that all of your group text messages are sent out as individual threads instead of sending one thread when group texting. Tap the back button on the phone to return to the “Settings” menu. Select the “security and privacy” option.
How do I change message settings on Samsung?
Change advanced messaging settings
Tap the Messages icon. Tap Menu > Settings > Chat settings. Select the following options to modify your settings: Send read receipt.
Why am I receiving group messages individually?
A recent update to (Android) Messages appears to have reset a setting for many folks that causes group messages to go out as multiple SMS messages rather than as one MMS. … Each recipient will get an SMS message from you. Replies will appear in individual conversations.”
What is the difference between SMS and MMS?
SMS and MMS are two ways to send what we commonly refer to under the umbrella term as text messages. The most simple way to understand the difference is that SMS refers to text messages, while MMS refers to messages with a picture or video.
How do I change my default messaging app?
How to set your default texting app on Android
- Open the Settings on your phone.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Default apps. Source: Joe Maring / Android Central.
- Tap SMS app.
- Tap the app you want to switch to.
- Tap OK. Source: Joe Maring / Android Central.
What is Samsung default messaging app?
Samsung Messages is typically the default messaging app on any Samsung device. … Select Messages.
Where is the messaging app on my Android?
From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon (in the QuickTap bar) > the Apps tab (if necessary) > Tools folder > Messaging .
Why can’t I download a MMS message?
Check the Android phone’s network connection if you can’t send or receiving MMS messages. An active cellular data connection is required to use the MMS function. Open the phone’s Settings and tap “Wireless and Network Settings.” Tap “Mobile Networks” to confirm it is enabled.
How do I activate my MMS?
Android MMS Settings
- Tap Apps. Tap Settings. Tap More Settings or Mobile Data or Mobile Networks. Tap Access Point names.
- Tap More or Menu. Tap Save.
- Tap the Home Button to return to your home screen.
How do I stop group messaging?
How to mute a group text on Android, or delete it
- Open your messaging app by tapping on it. …
- Tap and hold the conversation you want to mute.
- Tap the “Notifications” button in the bottom-left of the screen.
Where is SMS setting on Samsung?
Set up SMS – Samsung Android
- Select Messages.
- Select the Menu button. Note: The Menu button may be placed elsewhere on your screen or your device.
- Select Settings.
- Select More settings.
- Select Text messages.
- Select Message Centre.
- Enter the Message centre number and select Set.
Where is Message settings on Samsung?
How to Manage Text Message Notification Settings – Samsung Galaxy Note9
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen. …
- Tap Messages .
- If prompted to change the default SMS app, tap OK, select Messages then tap Set as default to confirm.
- Tap the Menu icon. …
- Tap Settings.