How do you delete text messages on an android?
1 Delete a Message
- Open Messages.
- Locate the conversation that has the message you want to delete then tap on it.
- Touch and hold the message you want to delete.
- Tap the trash can to delete the message.
- Tap Delete on the confirmation prompt.
How do I delete multiple text messages on my Android?
How to Delete Multiple Android Messages at the Same Time
- Open the Messages app.
- Select a chat thread.
- Long-press on a message to highlight it.
- Tap any additional messages you wish to remove.
- Tap the trash can icon from the menu bar at the top of the app screen to delete the messages.
How do I delete messages that won’t delete?
Go to App settings, Find Text messaging under “all apps” & Click on Clear Cache. It won’t delete all your text messages. Just the messages you’ve tried to delete in the past that haven’t deleted.
How do I delete old text messages?
This is how you can save messages, and delete old messages:
- Open the SMS app.
- Tap the three dots button in the top right.
- Go to Settings > Storage.
- Tick “Delete old messages” and in the drop down menu below, set the limit on the number of messages each conversation can have.
How can I delete a text message I sent?
On the ribbon up top, go to the “Move” group. Click on “Actions” Select “Recall This Message” Click “Delete unread copies of this message” (or “Replace…”)
How do I delete all my text messages?
How to delete all message threads at once
- In your Messages app, tap the More menu. on the upper right hand corner.
- Select Delete all threads from the options.
- Tap Ok to confirm deletion.
Can you delete individual messages on Samsung Galaxy?
From the home screen, tap Messaging. Tap the message thread as needed. Tap and hold the specific message. Tap Delete message.
How do I delete all my messages in Messenger?
Do this by clicking on the Actions button and select Delete Messages. You will see all your messages with this friend, with checkboxes on the side of each message. Select the messages you want to delete by ‘checking’ the box next to the message, or simply click on the Delete all button.
How do I delete all archived messages?
See the archive icon when you view messages. Archive from interactive notifications (Android 4.1+). See the delete icon when you view messages.
To delete instead of archive, choose Show delete only.
- In the. Gmail app, touch the Menu icon, then Settings.
- Select General settings.
- Check Swipe to archive or Swipe to delete.
Should you delete old text messages?
Delete old text messages
You may not even realize those messages are being saved to your phone. Don’t worry, you can delete them. Be sure to delete messages with photos and videos first – they chew up the most space. Here’s what to do if you’re using an Android smartphone.
How do I delete conversations in teams?
To delete an individual message, hover over the message and click the options (three dots) button to the right. You can then choose Delete message from the dropdown menu. The message will be deleted immediately, and you will be notified at the top of your Teamwork Chat window.
How do you delete old messages on android?
- Launch the ‘Text Messages’ app on your Android device.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ option at top right corner of the screen.
- Now choose ‘Settings’ option.
- A drop down list will appear, choose “Delete old messages” option.
Does deleting text messages free up space?
If these texts contain images or videos, they can take up a considerable amount of space. Fortunately, you do not need to go back and manually delete all your old text messages. Both Apple and Android phones allow you to auto-delete old messages. … Then, tap Keep Messages and change Forever to 30 Days or 1 Year.