What is my SIM card PIN?
Each SIM card you plug into a smartphone has a PIN code. For your device to use the SIM card, you need to enter its PIN. Some mobile providers use standard PIN codes for all their SIM cards, like 0000 or 1234. Others generate unique PIN codes for each SIM.
What do you do if you forgot your SIM PIN?
If you forgot or don’t know your SIM PIN
- Contact the carrier that gave you the SIM card. …
- Ask your carrier to help you unlock your SIM card using the default SIM PIN or PUK code.
- If you can’t unlock your SIM card using the SIM PIN or PUK code or if an alert says, “PUK exhausted,” ask for a new SIM card.
How do I find my SIM card on Android?
To take a peek at the data on your Android’s installed SIM card, open the Settings app by swiping down to access the drop-down menu. From Settings, either tap “About phone” or search for “About phone,” then choose “Status” and “SIM status” to see data on your phone number, service status and roaming info.
How do I set a SIM PIN?
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the More tab.
- Tap Security.
- Tap Set up SIM card lock.
- Tap Lock SIM card (Figure A)
- Enter the default SIM PIN.
- Tap OK.
How do I take the pin off my SIM card?
First, go to Settings in your Android device’s main menu. In the Settings menu, choose Security, then Set up SIM card lock. First, here’s how to disable the SIM card PIN. All you have to do is to uncheck the box next to “Lock SIM card” and then confirm the change by inputting the current PIN code.
Can you unlock a permanently locked SIM card?
If your phone uses a SIM card to operate, you can activate a security feature called a SIM PIN. … Enter it incorrectly three times and your SIM card becomes locked. You can unlock your SIM card on your own, however, by typing in a PIN unlock key. Your carrier can provide you with the unique PUK code for your device.
How do I find my PUK number?
Find your PUK on the SIM card pack
If you’ve still got the little pack that the SIM came in, check on the credit-card sized bit of plastic that the SIM snapped out from. The PUK Code is an eight digit number, and is usually printed on the back.
How do I find my sim pin on Samsung?
Change SIM PIN
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Biometrics and security > Other security settings > Set up SIM card lock.
- Tap the Lock SIM card slider to turn on.
- Enter current SIM PIN (default is 1234), then tap OK.
- Tap Change SIM card PIN.
What info is saved on a SIM card?
Despite the complicated name, it’s basically your phone number. They can also store contact information, telephone numbers, SMS messages, billing information and data usage. Plus, your SIM will have a personal identification number (PIN) to protect against theft.
Is IMEI same as SIM?
The SIM is used to identify the subscriber with a different unique number, the International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI). Your International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is different from your SSN, ICCID or IMSI.
How do I find the mobile number of a SIM card?
9 Ways To Find Your Mobile Number From Your SIM
- Enter a Special Code. Firstly, if you have your SIM in your phone then there is a simple way to find out your telephone number. …
- Call a Friend. …
- Call Customer Services. …
- Check Your Phone Settings. …
- Look in Your Numbers. …
- Check Your SIM Card Packaging. …
- Visit a Store. …
- Find a Bill or Contract.