How do I make my ringtone silent on Android?
How to Set a Specific Contact to Silent Mode in Android
- Download this 10 second mp3 silent ring tone and copy it over the phone’s Sd card.
- Go to contacts, scroll for that particular person for you want to set silent and select.
- Touch menu button, then tap options.
- Touch the ringtone and open file manager and select the silent mp3 file.
How do I set a ringtone for a specific contact on Android?
- Go to the People app (also may be labelled Contacts) and select a contact.
- In contact details, hit the Menu button (three vertical dots in the top-right corner) and choose Edit (this step may be unnecessary on your phone)
- Scroll down until you see Ringtone. Tap it and select a tone to play when they call.
Can you silence unknown calls Android?
3. Tap “Settings” in the dropdown menu. 4. Tap “Block numbers” and then toggle the button beside “Block unknown callers” to green.
How do I make my contact ringtone silent?
Short version: open the Contacts app, find the contact you want to edit, tap the three button menu in the upper-right corner, and then choose the “Set Ringtone” command. With a few contact edits, you’ll get audible ringtones for the people you actually want to hear from and sweet, sweet silence for everyone else.
Can you put your phone on silent except for one person?
Go to Notifications > Do Not Disturb. You have several options. Either create a group, or have only those few people in your Favorites. … Now, to enable silent mode except for those two people turn on Do Not Disturb in Settings.
Why is my phone silent when someone calls?
Here’s The Fix: Turn Off Do Not Disturb!
Most of the time, the reason an iPhone isn’t ringing for incoming calls is that the user has accidentally turned on the Do Not Disturb feature in Settings. Do Not Disturb silences calls, alerts, and notifications on your iPhone.
How do you set a specific ringtone for a contact on Samsung?
Step 1: Open the Contacts app and select the contact of your choice for which you want to set up a custom ringtone. Step 2: Open the contact details, tap Edit followed by More -> Ringtone. You will then be asked to grant storage permission to the Contacts app. Once granted, select the ringtone of your choice.
How do I set a custom ringtone on my Android?
To set an MP3 file for use as custom ringtone system-wide, do the following:
- Copy the MP3 files to your phone. …
- Go to Settings > Sound > Device ringtone. …
- Tap the Add button to launch the media manager app. …
- You will see a list of music files stored on your phone. …
- Your selected MP3 track will now be your custom ringtone.
How do I set a ringtone for a phone call?
On the Android mobile client: Go to the top-left navigation drawer and tap Settings. Tap Ringtones.
How to change the Circuit ringtone for incoming calls
- Tap in the upper-left corner of the header and then Settings.
- Tap Ringtones.
- Select one of the available ringtones.
How do you silence unknown callers?
In the Android phone app, touch the three dots at the top of the Phone app screen, tap Settings and tap Block numbers and then toggle the Block Unknown Callers switch to turn it green. This will block all callers with no caller ID information. The calls will not ring through or be offered a chance to leave a voicemail.
Can I block an unknown number?
From the phone app tap More > Call Settings > Call Rejection. Next, tap ‘Auto reject list’ and then toggle the ‘Unknown’ option to the on position and all calls from unknown numbers will be blocked.
How do you silence a number?
Sometimes you may want to have your silent number show on a phone you call. To make your number show up when you call another number, dial 1832 (or *31# from a mobile) first and then the number you want to call.
How do you silence text messages?
Tap and hold the conversation you want to mute. 3. Tap the “Notifications” button in the bottom-left of the screen. A small mute icon will appear next to the conversation, and you’ll no longer receive notifications about it.