How do I stop YouTube app from opening automatically?
- If it opens in the YouTube app by default go to Settings > Apps > YouTube > Clear Defaults and next YouTube link you select it will ask what to use to open it. – …
- it used to give me options (youtube and tubemate). …
- as it turned out, for some reason, requesting the desktop site did the trick – josinalvo Sep 9 ’14 at 13:55.
How do I disable YouTube app on Android?
- Go to settings.
- Go to the application section.
- Swipe or select “all” under the applications section.
- Search for YouTube.
- Click on it and select uninstall all updates and then select disable.
- This will remove the application from your device..
How do I change my default YouTube app?
Go to Settings->Apps, choose from menu Reset app preferences and confirm Reset apps. This will reset all app preferences. To reset preferences for specific app (e.g. Browser), choose it in Settings->Apps and press Clear defaults button in Launch by default section.
How do I stop Chrome from opening apps on Android?
For instance, if I want to stop any app from automatically launching HTTP URLs in Chrome, I’d:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap Apps.
- Find and open Chrome in the Downloaded list.
- Tap Clear defaults in the Launch by default section.
How do you stop apps from opening?
Step 1: Open the Settings app and head over to System > Advanced > Developer options. Step 2: Tap on Running services, select an app you think shouldn’t be running in the background, and tap on Stop for the processes it’s running on your device.
How do I stop browser from opening apps?
Open your Android Settings and search for the “default app” section. Select the corresponding option and change your default browser to Google Chrome. Open Settings and head to the Apps section. Tap on the three-dot menu and select ‘Show system apps’ or ‘Show all applications.
How do I uninstall an Android app that won’t uninstall?
Remove Apps That Phone Won’t Let You Uninstall
- 1] On your Android phone, open Settings.
- 2] Navigate to Apps or Manage Applications and select All Apps (may vary depending on your phone’s make and model).
- 3] Now, look for the apps that you want to remove. …
- 4] Tap the app name and click on Disable. …
- 1] Launch Settings on your Android.
- 2] Head to the Security section.
How do I remove YouTube app from my phone?
- Get Started.
- Unlock the screen on your phone to access the main screen. …
- Manage Apps.
- Scroll through the options on the settings screen until you locate Apps. …
- Manage the YouTube App.
- Click the YouTube app icon and it will generate a management screen. …
- Complete the Uninstall.
How do I uninstall preinstalled apps on Android?
From your home screen, swipe up to enter the app drawer. Locate the pre-installed bloatware app that you want to get rid of and press down on it to bring up a quick action menu. Tap on Uninstall. Read the disclaimer, and tap OK.
How do I change my default apps on Android?
Change individual default apps
- Go to app settings. Under Settings, locate “Apps” or “App Settings.” Then choose the “All Apps” tab near the top.
- Choose the app. Find the app that Android is currently using by default. …
- Reset default settings. On the App’s settings, choose Clear Defaults.
- Select a new default app.
How do I enable 1080p on YouTube on Android?
In case you wish you watch videos in 1080p on mobile, all you need to do is connect your device to a WiFi network, tap on the three-dot menu button in the top right corner of the video, and then select 1080p from the quality settings.
Why can’t I change YouTube video quality?
Sometimes video quality depends.. if video uploaded is High Quality den sometimes u can’t change. It goes by default. Try downloading it to lower video quality. … If you can’t change YouTube videos on Android then try to clear data / clear cache.
How do I stop Android from automatically opening my browser?
If you’re seeing annoying notifications from a website, turn off the permission:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- Go to a webpage.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More Info .
- Tap Site settings.
- Under “Permissions,” tap Notifications. …
- Turn the setting off.
How do I stop Google Play from automatically opening?
Open the Chrome OS Settings app and scroll down to Apps > Google Play Store > Manage Android preferences, which will open the Android Settings app. From there, navigate to Apps & notifications > Default apps > Opening links.