What are miscellaneous files?
What are Miscellaneous Files on android? … First of all, the miscellaneous files are files which do not come under the apps, media, cache files, etc. The Misc files or miscellaneous files do not include any kind of system files.
How do I free up miscellaneous files on my Android?
STEP 2. DELETING MISCELLANEOUS FILES
- c). Tap on Storage option under General.
- d). Now, tap on Miscellaneous files as shown below.
- e). Now, tap on the Check box available in front of the option and then tap on Delete icon as shown below.
How do I view other files on Android?
Check Android/obb & Android/data directories
- Open your desired File Manager.
- Navigate to settings and enable ‘Show System Files & Folders’.
- Now Navigate to ‘/Android/obb’ in your file manager.
- Most files in this section of your local storage will be named in the following format ‘com.
Can I delete WhatsApp misc files?
Under Android storage settings, look for the Misc storage section and tap on it. Here, look for the option WhatsApp and put a check on it. You will also see the amount of storage space the app has occupied on your device’s memory. Once you have the option checked, tap on the delete button.
Can I clear miscellaneous files on my phone?
Its Not Safe to delete misc files. If you delete any . misc file which contain system data, you might get into trouble. Other than this, if you delete misc file of any application installed on your phone, say WhatsApp, you may lose your chats, audios, videos etc that you sent or receive.
How do you free up space?
In the app’s Application info menu, tap Storage and then tap Clear Cache to clear the app’s cache. To clear cached data from all apps, go to Settings > Storage and tap Cached data to clear the caches of all the apps on your phone.
How do I clear space on my Samsung?
All-in-one management tool for all smartphones to transfer files between PC & iOS/Android devices.
- Delete Temporary Files. …
- Uninstall Unnecessary Apps. …
- Make Use of An External SD Card. …
- Backup Data to Computer to Release Phone Space. …
- Delete Downloaded and Miscellaneous Files. …
- Delete Temporary Files.
What is Profig OS on Android?
Instagram creates the “. profig. os” whenever you open the Insta app. The file belongs to Insta. In case you face any issues with Instagram, you can always go to Settings > Applications > Instagram > and Wipe data.
How do I get rid of junk files on my Android without an app?
Method 1. Delete Junk Files on Android Directly
- Step 1: First of all, you have to tap on “Settings” icon to open it.
- Step 2: Now, scroll down and tap on “Apps”. …
- Step 3: Then, you can click on any application and tap on “Storage” and then “clear cache” to delete junk files of that particular application.
What are the other files on my Android?
You have your apps (are the bread and butter of your phone), images and video, audio, cached data (temporary data from a website or app designed to make them load up faster) and the ‘other’ file. On iOS, you can see this anytime you connect your phone up to iTunes while Android users can see it in usage settings.
Where do I find app files on Android?
Actually, the files of the Apps that you downloaded from the Play Store are stored on your phone. You can find it in your phone’s Internal Storage > Android > data > …. In some of the mobile phones, files are stored in SD Card > Android > data > …
What happens if I delete WhatsApp misc files?
When you delete such miscellaneous files to make up for insufficient space on Android device, be sure they are safe to be removed. Deleting WhatsApp misc files will surely cause problems because it may be any database files of WhatsApp or anything related to its storage.
How do I clear internal storage on WhatsApp?
About This Article
- Open Internal storage or SD card storage.
- Tap WhatsApp.
- Tap and hold Databases.
- Tap the Delete button or trash can icon.
- Confirm deleting Databases.