How do I transfer files from Android to Mac?
How to Copy Files From Android to Your Mac
- Connect your phone to your Mac with the included USB cable. It may appear as a disc.
- Download and install Android File Transfer. …
- Click Get started.
- Navigate through the directory to find the files you want on your Mac.
- Find the exact file and drag it to the desktop or your preferred folder.
- Open your file.
Where are files saved on a Mac?
Open windows and files
To open a window and see the files on your Mac, switch to the Finder by clicking the Finder icon (pictured above) in the Dock.
Why does Android File Transfer not work on Mac?
If the Android File Transfer not working is because of a faulty USB cable, the problem might still exist after replacing a new one. That’s because the file transfer settings might be preventing the connection between your Mac and Android device. You can fix this by allowing file transfer.
How do I transfer photos from my Android to my Macbook?
How to use it
- Download the app.
- Open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg.
- Drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files.
How do I connect my Android to my Macbook Pro?
Just follow these quick steps:
- Download Android File Transfer to your computer.
- Remove the USB wall charger adapter from your phone charger, leaving just the USB charging cable.
- Connect your phone to your computer’s USB port via the charging cable.
- Open Mac Finder.
- Locate Android File Transfer on your list of drives.
Where did all my folders go on my Mac?
You may have to enable the folders to show again in the sidebar in the Finder Preferences. Click the Finder Menu, then Preferences. In the Preferences panel click the Sidebar tab, then enable the folders you want to see in the sidebar.
Why can’t I see my documents on my Mac?
Step 1: Go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud. Step 2: Click Options. Step 3: Uncheck Desktop & Documents Folders. The system will warn you that “If you continue, items will be removed from the Desktop and the Documents folder on this Mac and will remain available in iCloud Drive”, this is ok.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my Android phone?
Instead, to get your Android device connected to your Mac, turn the Android’s debugging mode on before connecting via USB.
- Press the “Menu” button on your Android device and tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Applications,” then “Development.”
- Tap “USB Debugging.”
- Connect your Android device to your Mac with the USB cable.
Where is file transfer or MTP mode on Android?
Older Android devices support USB mass storage for transferring files back and forth with a computer. Modern Android devices use the MTP or PTP protocols — you can choose which one you prefer. To select a USB connection protocol, open the Settings app, tap Storage, tap the menu button, and tap USB computer connection.
Why won’t my Samsung connect to my Mac?
Make sure the USB is fully plugged in to your computer and your device. Try using a different USB cable. Not all USB cables can transfer data. Try a different USB port on your computer, if possible.
How do I transfer pictures from my phone to my Mac computer?
Use the Bluetooth File Exchange app to import photos via Bluetooth.
- Connect the phone to your computer.
- Drag the photos onto your computer’s internal disk.
- Do one of the following: Drag files or folders from the Finder to the Photos window. Drag files or folders from the Finder to the Photos icon in the Dock.
How do you import photos from your Mac to your phone?
Sync photos to your device
- Connect your device to your Mac. …
- In the Finder on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
- Select Photos in the button bar. …
- Select “Sync Photos to your device from” checkbox, then choose Photos, Pictures, or a folder from the pop-up menu.
- Do one of the following: