Why can’t I send a text message on my Android phone?
Fix problems sending or receiving messages
Make sure you have the most updated version of Messages. … Verify that Messages is set as your default texting app. Learn how to change your default texting app. Make sure your carrier supports SMS, MMS, or RCS messaging.
How do I send a document via text message?
Open a new message and click on the attachment button. Choose your desired file format in the new window. Next, pick the picture or file (depending on your operating system) you want to send. Insert your recipient and text and there you go!
How do I send a text on my Samsung phone?
How to Send a Text Message on the Samsung Galaxy S 5
- On the Home screen, tap the Messaging icon. …
- Tap the New Message icon (the pencil hovering over a blank page). …
- Tap to enter the ten-digit mobile telephone number of the recipient. …
- To write your text message, tap the text box that says Enter Message.. …
- Send the text by tapping the Send button to the right of your message.
What is the difference between a text message and an SMS?
SMS is an abbreviation for Short Message Service. In layman’s terms: it’s a text message. However, while you might refer to a variety of different message types as simply a “text” in your daily life, the difference is that an SMS message contains only text (no pictures or videos) and is limited to 160 characters.
What does it mean when a text message fails to send?
The message send failed means that for one of many possible reasons you can’t iMessage that particular contact. Their phone can be turned off, no signal, etc. They can even have switched to Android and not deactivated iMessage first.
Why do texts fail to send?
1. Invalid Numbers. This is the most common reason that text message delivery can fail. If a text message is sent to an invalid number, it won’t be delivered – similar to entering an incorrect email address, you will get a response from your phone carrier informing you that the entered number was invalid.23 мая 2017 г.
How do I fix my text messages on my Android?
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Make sure All apps filter is selected.
- Scroll through the list until you find the built-in messaging apps and tap on it. …
- Tap on Storage and wait until the data gets calculated.
- Tap on Clear Data.
- Tap on Clear Cache.
- Restart your phone and see if the issue has been resolved.
31 мая 2020 г.
Can you attach a PDF file to a text message?
Technically, you can send a PDF in a text message. Rather than sending as an SMS message, it becomes a multimedia message much like a photo or video. … You can’t attach the file to a text like you would with an email.
Can you send a Word document in a text message?
Sending texts with attachments is not any more expensive than sending normal text messages. This makes it a cheap way to send PDFs, mobile surveys, Word documents and photos. There are a wide of files you can attach to your SMS messages, and the attachment can be as large as 10Mb.
Why can’t I attach a photo to my text message?
The MMS function requires an active cellular data connection. Without the data connection, you can’t attach the picture to text message Android. To check if the cellular data is enabled or not, you need to go to the settings option. … Try to back in the provider’s network and attempt again if you are unable to send MMS.
How do I see text messages on my Samsung phone?
View Text Messages – Samsung Galaxy S® 5
- From a Home screen, tap Messages. (located at the bottom). If unavailable, navigate: Apps > Messages.
- Tap a message.