Can you make certain numbers ring on silent?
A. The Do Not Disturb feature, found in slightly different variations on Android and iOS devices, mutes calls, notifications and alerts so you can have some peace — but you can adjust the settings to let calls from certain people through the temporary wall of silence.
How do I silence certain contacts on Android?
How to Set a Specific Contact to Silent Mode in Android
- Download this 10 second mp3 silent ring tone and copy it over the phone’s Sd card.
- Go to contacts, scroll for that particular person for you want to set silent and select.
- Touch menu button, then tap options.
- Touch the ringtone and open file manager and select the silent mp3 file.
Can I make certain contacts ring on silent iPhone?
Ring/Silent (iPhone only): Use to mute sounds and alerts on your iPhone. If the switch shows orange, it means your iPhone is in silent mode and will vibrate for incoming calls or alerts. When in silent mode, the alarms you set in the Clock app will still sound, and calls from Favorite contacts will still ring.
How do you silence a specific number?
Just download the free app from the Android Market, install it and open it up. From there, all of your contacts should be automatically deselected. You just have to go through and select the people you DO want to hear from, then turn your Android device to silent ringer.
How do you know someone’s phone is on silent?
For example, if the phone is on silent, this will be displayed along with a red dot. Along with this slick feature, you can also view ‘Last Seen’.
Will favorites ring on Do Not Disturb?
If you want to make sure your loved ones can still call and text you when Do Not Disturb is on, you can allow calls from everyone, nobody, your contacts, or favorites, which is the speed dial menu in your phone app. … You will still receive texts but you will not get notifications if Do Not Disturb is turned on.
How do I silence text messages from certain contacts?
- Open Android Messages.
- Tap the contact that has this icon displayed.
- Tap the three stacked dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap People & options.
- Tap Notifications to toggle on and off.
Can blocked numbers leave voicemails Android?
When you block a call on Android, it just automatically rejects the call and thenumber calls, just as if you hit the reject button. It will go straight to voicemail. The person can leave a message. To block voicemail, they would have to block it through their carrier, not their phone.
How do you call a phone on silent and make it ring?
Making a silent android phone ring.
- Head over to Google’s android device manager “www.google.com/android/devicemanager” in your desktop browser. …
- You will now see a list of all devices which you have used with this account. …
- Your device will now start ringing.
How do I bypass silent contacts?
Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom > Do Not Disturb > tap the Do Not Disturb notification in the drop down menu > Allow Exceptions > Calls From > Favourite Contacts Only > Messages From > Favourite Contacts Only. Set your device to Sound and Vibrate and only your priority calls will come through.
How do I set a ringtone for a specific contact?
- Go to the People app (also may be labelled Contacts) and select a contact.
- In contact details, hit the Menu button (three vertical dots in the top-right corner) and choose Edit (this step may be unnecessary on your phone)
- Scroll down until you see Ringtone. Tap it and select a tone to play when they call.