What does Do Not Disturb on Android mean?
Your Android’s Do Not Disturb mode can silence notifications, alerts, phone calls, and text messages when you want to tune out your phone. You can turn Do Not Disturb on or off by pulling down the Control Center from the top of the screen.
What is Do Not Disturb on phone?
With Do Not Disturb, you can silence calls, alerts, and notifications that you get while your device is locked. You can also schedule Do Not Disturb and allow calls from certain people.
Can you still use your phone on Do Not Disturb?
On Android Phones
First, open the Settings app and head to Sound > Do Not Disturb. … Here, you can choose to allow calls or messages (or both) from your “starred” contacts, even when Do Not Disturb is on. This allows you to block most notifications but allow those from your spouse, mother or other important people.
What happens when you call someone who is on Do Not Disturb?
When you call someone who does not have Do Not Disturb mode active, you will hear a beep and then leave the voicemail. The person you are calling will not have a mobile ring or will be disturbed by a notification which makes sound or illumines the screen.
Does Do Not Disturb block calls Android?
Under “What can interrupt Do Not Disturb,” choose what to block or allow. People: Block or allow calls, messages, or conversations.
When you turn on Do Not Disturb, choose how long you want it to stay on.
- Until you turn it off.
- A certain time, like for 2 hours or for 15 minutes.
- Ask every time.
How do you call someone on Do Not Disturb?
Get calls from a group of contacts
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Do Not Disturb”
- Toggle Do Not Disturb to “on”
- In the Phone section of the screen, tap “Allow Calls From”
- You can choose to allow calls from Everyone, No One, or the contacts you’ve selected as Favorites. You can also make an exception for an existing Contacts group.
What does a moon next to a text mean?
Do Not Disturb feature
What does Do Not Disturb mode do Samsung?
Choose when and how you wish to be updated with incoming alerts and notifications. The Do Not Disturb feature mutes all calls, alerts and notifications on your mobile device. You have the option of customizing which notifications, alerts or calls you wish to have go through when the Do Not Disturb option is selected.
How do you hear texts on Do Not Disturb?
It will also bypass silent mode.
- Open the Contacts app on the iPhone.
- Tap on the name of the contact whose text messages you want to receive when in DND mode.
- Tap Edit at the top right of the screen.
- Tap Text Tone.
- Swipe the Emergency Bypass switch (at the top of the screen) to ON.
Does Do Not Disturb while driving?
On Pixel 3 and later, you can set Do Not Disturb or Android Auto to turn on when you’re driving.
Pixel 2: Set up a driving rule
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Sound. Do Not Disturb. Learn about Do Not Disturb.
- Tap Turn on automatically.
- Tap Add rule. Driving.
- At the top, check that your rule is turned on.
Does Do Not Disturb show missed calls?
When you turn on “Do Not Disturb”, your calls go directly to voicemail. You still receive text messages like you normally would and you still receive notifications for missed calls without your phone ringing.
Do texts deliver on Do Not Disturb?
When my phone is on do not disturb, calls and texts still come through on Android Auto. … While Android Auto enables Do Not Disturb mode on your phone, it still allows certain notifications to go through.