How do I transfer my WhatsApp to my new phone?
You can find the option under WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. You can choose whether to back up the media files or just the chat along with the frequency of backup. On your new smartphone, you will be prompted to restore the chat history stored over your Google Drive account, as soon as you log in to WhatsApp.
How do I restore WhatsApp chats from Google Drive Backup on an android?
To restore your backup: Make sure the same Google account that was used to perform the backup has been added to your phone. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp. After verifying your phone number, you’ll be prompted to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
How can I get my old WhatsApp messages on my new phone?
To restore your backup:
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and verify your number.
- When prompted, tap RESTORE to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
- After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT. …
- WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files after your chats are restored.
Will I lose my WhatsApp conversations if I change phones?
You’ll still be able to access your chat history, as long as you keep the same phone. If you’re changing phone, but not your number, you’ll need to backup your old chats and restore them on your new handset. You can find out how to do so here for iOS devices, and here for Android.
How can I restore WhatsApp messages without backup?
Step #1 – Installing Dr.Fone – Data Recovery
Install the software like you would any other program by following the on-screen instructions. Once installed, open the software on your computer and connect your Android device using the official USB cable. On the main menu, select the ‘Data Recovery’ option.
How can I restore my WhatsApp backup from internal storage?
To restore a less recent local backup
- Download a file manager app.
- In the file manager app, navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases . …
- Rename the backup file you want to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD. …
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Tap RESTORE when prompted.
Where can I find WhatsApp backup on my phone?
- Click on the Gear icon in the top right > Settings then select Manage Apps.
- Scroll down to WhatsApp in the list of apps.
- After you see WhatsApp, wait until “Hidden app data” size comes up.
- Now you can see if the chats are backed up or not by looking at the file size more or less easily figured.
How do I transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using Google Drive?
Follow these steps to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to your iPhone.
- Install and Launch the App.
- Connect both your Android and iPhone devices to the PC.
- Go to the computer’s main screen and select the ‘WhatsApp Transfer” option. …
- Wait for your Android and iPhone phones to be detected.
How do I recover text messages on Android?
How to restore your SMS messages with SMS Backup & Restore
- Launch SMS Backup & Restore from your home screen or app drawer.
- Tap Restore.
- Tap the checkboxes next to the backups you want to restore. …
- Tap the arrow next to the SMS messages backups if you have multiple backups stored and want to restore a specific one.
Does Samsung Smart Switch transfer WhatsApp messages?
Well, if you have recently got a new Samsung device, then you can follow a few different approaches to move your data. Apart from your media files and contacts, you can also move your WhatsApp data as well. For instance, you can use Samsung Smart Switch WhatsApp to move data from iPhone/Samsung to another Samsung.
How do I restore WhatsApp from Google Drive to iPhone?
Restore WhatsApp on Google Drive
- Go to Google Play store and download the WhatsApp.
- Soon after the download, you must install it by following the wizards.
- Open the app after a successful installation.
- Tap ‘Agree and Continue’.
- Enter your WhatsApp phone number.
- Verify by entering code received in your device.